Poggio all’Oro Riserva 2010
- Varietal: 100% Sangiovese
- Region: Tuscany
- Vineyards:¬†The single “Poggio all’Oro” (golden knoll) vineyard on the Castello Banfi estate in the southern part of Montalcino.
- Winemaking:¬†Soft pressing of the grapes is followed by temperature-controlled¬†maceration for 12-14 days. Released in the 6th year after harvest, the wine is aged for¬†a minimum of five years including at least 2¬Ω years in French oak barriques.
- Tasting Notes¬†Color: Deep ruby red, tending toward garnet. Bouquet: Black fruit and spice, with hints of tobacco, violet, and chocolate. Taste: Full-bodied with¬†a velvety mouthfeel and well structured with supple tannins and good acidity. Plum¬†and cherry flavors give way to a long finish.
- Food Pairing¬†Excellent with game, red meats and aged cheeses.
This is an allocated item. ¬†There is a limited quantity, while supplies last.