Castello Banfi Poggio alle Mura Brunello di Montalcino 2011
- Varietal¬†100% Sangiovese
- Region: Tuscany
- Vineyards¬†A cru of select vineyards immediately surrounding the medieval Castello Banfi, historically known as Poggio alle Mura (the walled hilltop), in the¬†southern part of Montalcino.
- Winemaking¬†Fermented in stainless steel with traditional maceration. Aged for a minimum of four years, including at least 24 months in oak (90% in French barriques and 10% in Slavonian casks) and 24 months bottle aging before release.
- Tasting Notes¬†Color: Deep ruby red, tending toward garnet. Bouquet: Violets, sweet ripe red fruits and berries, as well as cigar box and spices. Taste: Flavors of¬†plums, cherries, blackberry jam and raspberries, with just a hint of wood. Well-structured with extraordinary concentration of fruit. Supple tannins and long finish.
- Food Pairing¬†Ideal with red meat, savory game, and aged cheeses.